CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway. Today zenfoneblog will post about How to Flash CyanogenMod 14 for your ZenFone 2. Original Post from jrior001 on XDA Here.
What's Not Working/Bugs:
- VIDEO ENCODER/DECODER ISSUES: This results in green lines on videos/pictures taken using the Intel HW encoder/decoder and other playback issues dependent on video formats. See the list below:
- Snapchat: thin greeen line tends to appear on recorded videos for snapchat
- Asus Pixelmaster Camera App: Super resolution mode does not work. Turning off "Optimizations" from settings clears up any green line issues.
- Some video formats do not play as expected
- FM Radio is unsupported.
- audio is a little weird in Real Racing 3.
- sim 2 cannot be disabled (this is true for all CM builds on non qualcomm hardware)
- Other than Fugu (Nexus Player TV box) there are no Vendor released M x86/x86_64 builds in existance. You may experience some issues with GAPPS and some known apps not loading or working correctly. Below is a list of KNOWN apps that do not currently run on CM13 based x86 Zenfone 2 builds :
- Ingress, Polaris Office, Chase Mobile, Showbox...
- DRM content is currently broken
Download CyanogenMod 14:
- Unlock Bootloader!
- Download the zip(s).
- Install Appropriate FW base (STOCK MM 4.21.40.xx base is required)
- Install a compatible Recovery
- Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
- Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
- Flash CyanogenMod.
- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. Open Gapps x86 7.1
Post a Comment :